THE POINT – LUXURY RESIDENTIAL TOWER, PARIS
A new luxury residential tower is to be constructed in the 14th district in Paris for the Grand Land Co. called “The Point”. A brief has been given as follows.
- The residential tower will be a luxury residential development with typical inter-floor distance of 3.6m. The client wants the lift car capacities to be not less than 1275kg to give a feeling of luxury.
- There will be 42 floors with the same apartment layout on each floor. Each floor will contain two 3 bedroom apartments, four 2 bedroom apartments and three 1 bedroom apartments.
- The typical traffic performance criteria for luxury residential is agreed with the need to deliver 8% 5-minute handling capacity in 2-way traffic with an Average Interval < 45 seconds.
- Based on luxury occupancy the typical floor population can be calculated as follows:
- 2 x 3 bedroom apartments = 6 persons
- 4 x 2 bedroom apartments = 8 persons
- 3 x 1 bedroom apartments = 4.5 persons
- Total 19 persons per floor and with 42 floors overall working population of building = 798 persons.
- By local regulations every floor must have access to a lift that can accommodate a stretcher with a minimum car depth of 2200mm.
Let’s now use Adsimulo to find lift design solutions….